Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to make changes in a Block Chart

Hello Friends,

I have the following Q's on the image attached:

1) how to change the font type/color for dimensions ---- BATTERIES, LIGHTS (these r 2nd dimensions)

2) how do I not show label for expn " Revenue by dept" at the top of the chart

3) about the "others" dept:- since i have restricted my show dim to 10, its showing this block. it does not appeal (to me personally).  is there a way to show the right dept belonging to the vendors in others block? right now if I hover my mouse on any vendor, it will say for eg. vendor- automann, dept - others.

any other ideas on making this block chart more presentable?

Thanks as always

revby dept.JPG

3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

for #1 you can change that under caption settings on the presentation tab

Untitled2.png

for #2 you can disable the subtitle Untitled.png

For #3 you CAN do something..

here i swap 'others' for a delimitted list of what is included in the 'others'

Capture.PNG

Here my limit is on 5 values with 'show others' counting for the 5th

So in my expression i'm asking for the regions where the sum(Sales) is ranked > 4

=concat(  distinct {<Region={"=rank(aggr(sum(Sales),Region)) > 4"}>} Region,' ').

You can see the caption instead of listing 'others' has a space delimitted list of the next ones, you could even sort by rank and change the delimitted if you want. thats doable in the concat() function .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the helpful tips. I have included the pic below. Now when i hover on one of the vendors in the others block, it shows all depts listed. For eg, Fuel tank supplies for only 1 dept, "Fuel Cap" but its showing all the other depts listed in the dim table for dept. can we make vendors in the others block list only corresponding depts under them.

here is the syntax I used with your help:

1) 1st Dim Department =concat(  distinct {<Department={"=rank(aggr(sum([Total Sales Receipts]),Department)) > 4"}>} Department,' ')

2) 2nd Dim Vendor name =concat(  distinct {<[Vendor Name]={"=rank(aggr(sum([Total Sales Receipts]),[Vendor Name])) > 4"}>} [Vendor Name],' ')

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Not with this approach. The string of value is just a text string at this point with no dimensional context over the individual blocks in this area.  Here is another approach (for #3 that should pick it up:

1. Leave the others label as is so that is shows others

2. Add a new expression on the expressions tab :   concat( distinct  Region, ',')

3. Enable 'text as popup' checkbox at the bottom

Untitled2.png

Untitled.png

You can even add a custom label by manufacturing it into the expression:

='Specific Region: ' & Concat(distinct Region,',')