Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to validate reports and test reports

hi can anybody tell me how to test reports if we dont have db permissions to write query to check.

regards

Mahesh T

3 Replies
don_qlikview
Creator
Creator

I don't think you'll be able to test until you have permissions to access the database.

agilos_mla
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I'd suggest :

- Validate the earliest possible and centralize the test (it's Lean SixSigma ! ) If you use use 2 or 3 tiered QVD architecture, please validate QVD content

- BI validation is not the same way as operational systems, what I do commonly : to identify particular, extreme case and validate QV results against these cases. If OK for them, we could reasonnably think it's OK for standard cases.

- Anyway is some case the expression used in QV app are so powerful (set analysis) that it will requires complex SQL queries

- Use JMeter Regression tools if you want some automation.

- look at  third-party products such as QualityGates.com, that proposes now a connector to QV App that might allw to validate application againts business rules, expected results and much more...

Michael

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Mahesh,

Either you or someone must be running queries to extract the data from DB right? And I'm assuming that you have QVD layer where you have the extraction layer.... you can use it for now to test the data.

Cheers,

DV