Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to write to database?

Hello everyone,

I ask you something not easy, I'd like to know if it is possible to write in the database via QlikView.

I know that QlikView does not natively support this feature. So I've done several researches but I have not found anything that would be useful to me.

Has anyone ever had to deal with something like that?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use macro's to instantiate a writable connection with a database and write data to a database. Simply search the internet for vbscript code that writes to a database.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

unfortunately no, this explains how to export.

What should I do is write on my db where I get my data, so every time I launch the script the data that the user entered is not lost

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check if this helps

SQL Writeback from QlikView extension object.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this might be useful.

I also found this "Writeback Extension Installer" on QV market, has anyone tried it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes I know, but I'm not an expert and some examples I found are not easy to understand.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

well guys,

I followed this guide Write back to database via XML output or web service, and I solved the problem by saving the data to XML. Now saving is working properly but I have two small problems:

1) saving only works on the elements currently viewing. Let me explain, mine is a dynamic scenario that changes in response to customer choice. the customer is chosen through a list box, and the table for entries is updated in relation to the customer chose. Each client is associated with a family of products and the table changes its number of lines in relation to the family. So there will never be a constant number of rows.

I'd like to save everything and not just data related to the customer chose.

2) how can I load the saved data in the table?