Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II

inconsistent number formats.....!

Hello,

facing issue on number format, in one same chart object it is giving different results like,

1.png

and changing some filter selection it be like,

1.png

i'm using this number format in properties as I need in two decimal place for all like 1st chart,

1.png

Thanks in Advance..!

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

See if following the instructions on this site helps

Currency and Other Symbols on the Y-Axis | Qlikview Cookbook

infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have already set number format for 2 decimal place but it is not working properly.

it will show sometime in decimal and sometime not.

sunny_talwar

did you look at static step part from the post?

infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes I have tested with different value in static step but it is working in some cases and not in all.

I know it is totally dependent on data but any other solution???

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to replicate this issue in a sample document? I guess it will be easier to try out few things

marcus_sommer

It might be necessary to set all scaling-parameters with expressions. Means to increase or decrease the step-width depending on the min- and max-values and also setting these parameters directly.

Another thought - did you try to format your expression with a num() function instead of using the number-tab?

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Apparently it isn't strictly dependent on data, rather on the layout and size of all sub-elements of your chart.

Did you try increasing the height of your chart? And the width of the Y-axis area (by reducing the line chart area)? With your second set of selection values, do the properly formatted labels ever reappear?

It may be that QlikView switching back to the default dynamic label formatting cannot be avoided in some cases.