Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhonakJC
Contributor
Contributor

incremental load

Hi, i have a question according to incremental loads:

I have a maintable with integrated timeStamp, and a child table without :-(:
i do a incremental load from the maintable (qvd). But how i can handle the child - table?
There's a lot of Data, so i want to update just new or changed data in the child-table, too.

my suggestion/idea was to store or buffer the Keyfield(s) of the incremental load from the maintable and do a select in the child table "where Keyfield=Maintable_Keyfield".

i searched the help and the net - but maybe i'am blind? i couldn't find a solution, but i think this is a noob - question. isn't it?

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You really need a timestamp in order to do incremental, review the Help content:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QVD_Incremental...

Not really sure how to go at things otherwise.  Sorry I do not have better info for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.