Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

inject ODBC datasource used for reload from outside

At the moment the ODBC data-source used to determine from which DB data shall be loaded is hard-coded within the loading script.

I wnat to find a way to inject that from outside to avoid having to change that within every report.

A proposed way to to that:

Create configuration file (Key-Value, whatever) that is used to retrieve the ODBC connection to be used. The retrieved connection shall than be used to connect to DB

please guide

regards

Usman

At the moment the ODBC data-source used to determine from which DB data shall be loaded is hard-coded within the loading script.

I wnat to find a way to inject that from outside to avoid having to change that within every report.

A proposed way to to that:

Create configuration file (Key-Value, whatever) that is used to retrieve the ODBC connection to be used. The retrieved connection shall than be used to connect to DB

please guide

regards

Usman

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi Usman,

we are using (global) include - files to define variables, path settings, connection strings and so on.

cp/paste from Help:

$(Include = filename )

The include variable specifies a file that contains text that should be included in the script. The entire script can thus be put in a file. A user-defined variable.

Example:

$(Include=abc.txt);

I.e. the construction set Include =filename is not applicable.

HtH

Roland