Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

is Qlikview support Data Discovery?

My question here is, Can I use Qlikview to find some sensitive data from my database where I have around 10,000 tables. Basically I want to do something similar to the below url, Please suggest

http://www.darkreading.com/views/what-data-discovery-tools-really-do/227700889

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can someone suggest something on this? Basically is the url displayed in my comment is possible to implement in Qlikview?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Every Database keeps a metadata information. For example Oracle stores all the table information in.

Sys Schema and All_Tables table, like wise there are so many system tables which stores meta information.

You can get the data from "All_Tables" table and then you can search the proper table information out of it.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

So does Qlikview help me to write some script to do this? can you give me some sample code on how to implement the same in Qlikview? Please suggest.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

There is no specific script for this.

It just a table.

So first of all you will need an ODBC connect to that database and then below query to get the data in QlikView.

Sql Select * from all_tables;

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!