Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

issue in recovering corrupt document

Hello Everyone,

Currently struggling with an corrupt document, done few changes in script and on reload it got corrupted and failing to open and showing message - 'Access Denied to this Qlikview Document 'then  -> Failed to open Document

So I am trying to use the Easter Egg method but not able to get the "Layout Rescue" option .

I have set the value for "Script Rescue" = 1 ,but seesm no luck , tried to open the document without data as well but

Is there any way out to recover the qvw file.

Thanks,

Gargi

10 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Do you have section access applied to that document?

Regards

ASHFAQ

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Yes,its there, but I am the Admin and there are no changes in the section access script,there were few changes in like aliasing only.

Thanks,

Gargi

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

I must say it cannot be recovered anymore.

Regards

ASHFAQ

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

ok , so is it because of section access ?

thanks,

Gargi

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Yes,

It cannot be recovered anymore.

Feel sorry for that. I know the pain.

Regards

ASHFAQ

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Ashfaq for you reply, need to rework ..It's a pain...

Just wanted to know is that option of "Layout Rescue" has been omitted from the setting ?

If it was not a section access issue what way can I recover or are there any prior settings through which Documnets can be recovered after corrupting ?

Thanks,

Gargi

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

"Layout Rescue" will work for other then section access.

Edit:

Always have a backup copy.

you set set to auto backup go to setting --> user preference tab --> save tab --> and make sure you select proper parameters.

Regards

ASHFAQ

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Ashfaq , I open a new session of Qlivkiew but still not able to see the 'Layout Rescue ' option in the list.

I am working on QV11 .

Thanks,

Gargi

Not applicable

Hi Gargi,

Take a look at this thread, perhaps there is something you have not tested that could help:

Currepted QVW