Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

issue on calender object

hi

i have created a calendar object  to filter the data.in that how to show only possible values?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your Response ..guys

i have implemented like this and also works fine

=Aggr(Only({<List2>} List2), List2)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

So if you don't have data for May 2, for instance, you don't want May 2 to show in the calendar object? I assume you want this because it's really annoying clicking on a date and nothing happens because it's not a valid date.

I don't think it's possible to do it with the calendar object, unfortunately.

But if you want to go to enough trouble, you can create a fake calendar object that will give you full control over what is displayed and how. Attached is an example I made for someone a long time ago who wanted a calendar object that went Sunday to Saturday instead of Monday to Sunday. You might, for instance, go ahead and display all the days, but use the background color expression - white for possible with current selections, gray for not possible with current selections, maybe darker gray for doesn't exist in your data at all. Something like that.

Only worth the trouble if it's really, really important, I'd say.

Not applicable
Author

hi

i just want to display only associated data in my object.could you please suggest me on this

Thanks

marcus_sommer

Hi John,

there is a solution from staschereau for the calendar weekday-start topic: Calendar Object Start Day and maybe this way offers further possibilities to adjust the calendar.

- Marcus

PrashantSangle

Hi,

You can create your own calendar.

You can use List box having days (with some formatting on list box > Property> presentation) and present it as calendar instead of using calendar object.

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

If you specify a min and max date in the Calendar Object, any dates outside that range are displayed as "grayed out". I think this is as close to what you're looking for as you can expect from the Calendar Object. Otherwise you will have to create your own.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your Response ..guys

i have implemented like this and also works fine

=Aggr(Only({<List2>} List2), List2)

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Interesting and scary! And yes, maybe there are other settings that can be tweaked. I'll file this under "last resort if your client is very, very insistent" or maybe "I wish I'd never seen this because now that I know about it I can't claim that it's impossible". That's been a problem in the past when I've been asked for things that I considered very ill-advised, because they just aren't "the QlikView way" of displaying your data. But can I do it? Grumble grumble grumble yes I can. One of the disadvantages of knowing things.

Mind you, my fake calendar is also very ill-advised. That's a whole lot of complexity, and newer QlikView versions broke it between when I built it and now. I had to fix it in order to post it. You don't want to have a new version of QlikView force you to edit all of your calendar objects in every application unless you absolutely must have something other than the default calendar.

But I generally don't use calendar objects. I use year, month year, and date fields. We're rarely interested in arbitrary date ranges. Arbitrary lists of months, yes, but that's easily selected with a month year field.

Not applicable
Author

My clients want it all... arbitrary date ranges, weeks that start on Sunday, etc.. and they're very insistent. That's why my first response is always "Sorry, QlikView doesn't support what you're asking for" and my second response is "but I found a way to do it."