cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kunalpatil119
Contributor II
Contributor II

lef expired

On QMC one message is appearing : lef expired on (Date).
What is impact of this. Will my services be running even if this message appears?
any grace period for this?
What is process to renew this and how can I know what is cost aligned if any?

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

This expiry usually means that your maintenance/upgrade facility would no more be available, however, your product would work as is and that is the case with almost all perennial licenses. However, if you are under subscription-based licensing (which I guess would not be the case with you)- your product would stop working after expiration.

You should contact your qlik account manager for clarifications.    

View solution in original post

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just FYI, you can check the LEF contents via the customer portal, just put your license in and have it return the current LEF, the key thing you want to check is the PRODUCTLEVEL line and the date there, if the date in the LEF you pull is newer than the one showing in the license area of the QMC, and the server has internet access, you can simply click the Update License From Server button to see if that will update the LEF for you.  There have been a couple of defects along the way related to this too, so if the date is current, that may be what you are running into too.  Hopefully this helps a little further.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

This expiry usually means that your maintenance/upgrade facility would no more be available, however, your product would work as is and that is the case with almost all perennial licenses. However, if you are under subscription-based licensing (which I guess would not be the case with you)- your product would stop working after expiration.

You should contact your qlik account manager for clarifications.    

kunalpatil119
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the information.This is really helpful.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just FYI, you can check the LEF contents via the customer portal, just put your license in and have it return the current LEF, the key thing you want to check is the PRODUCTLEVEL line and the date there, if the date in the LEF you pull is newer than the one showing in the license area of the QMC, and the server has internet access, you can simply click the Update License From Server button to see if that will update the LEF for you.  There have been a couple of defects along the way related to this too, so if the date is current, that may be what you are running into too.  Hopefully this helps a little further.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.