Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlos13
Creator
Creator

license problem

Hello. I am having problems with my Qlikview Desktop license, because it wont let me introduce it and the system is not keeping it.

I connect to the qlikview server and took a borrowed license, however, it shortly gets un registered.

i have been introducing the license manually en user preferences, but still, it wont admit or recognizes it, an it gives a LICENSE VALIDATION ERROR.

I have QlikView 11 inicial release

THANX YOU

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Carlos,

If you mean you are changing your local license (QlikView Desktop, your local computer) to accept the number of the Server license (as displayed in the QlikView Management Console), that will not work. If you were leasing licenses from the Server, that should work just fine, but make sure in the QMC, System, Licenses, QlikView Server, User CALs, that the user has a Named CAL assigned and that the assignment is fine (in the form DOMAIN\ACCOUNTNAME as returned by the function OSUser()).

If you mean you were working with local licenses instead of Server licenses, check with your QlikView partner or partner manager in order to update your license number to get it working with version 11.

Hope that helps.

Miguel