Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

license problem

hi all,

i update my server to qv server 11 and then my desktop client turned to personal edition and

now i cant use it. i open qlikview and connect to server on qlikview. normally it will automatically uptade

the license key but no change now.

how can i solve this proble.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mvluttge
Partner - Contributor III

I am almost certain that you are allowed to lease license, but that you don't have a named user CAL, and therefore don't have have a license to lease

Check two things in the management console

1. On the System-page --> Licenses --> QlikView Server --> Client Access Licenses, on the "General" tab

2. Same place, but on the "Assigned CALs" tab, are your user listed here. Otherwise add the user. You can search for the user by pressing the two small men (the little "user" logo).

I hope this makes sense to you

View solution in original post

8 Replies
mvluttge

Hi,

Two things.

1. Have you switched on "Allow license lease" (on the System-page --> Licenses --> QlikView Server --> CALs)?

2. Have you granted your user a named user CAL?

/Martin

Not applicable
Author

no i didnt do anything

only tried to connect to server and try to change lef file but coulndt.

can you tell please where or how to do 1) and 2) rules.

thanks

mvluttge

I am almost certain that you are allowed to lease license, but that you don't have a named user CAL, and therefore don't have have a license to lease

Check two things in the management console

1. On the System-page --> Licenses --> QlikView Server --> Client Access Licenses, on the "General" tab

2. Same place, but on the "Assigned CALs" tab, are your user listed here. Otherwise add the user. You can search for the user by pressing the two small men (the little "user" logo).

I hope this makes sense to you

Not applicable
Author

sorry i couldnt see system page, how can i find it

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Go to the Windows button, All Programs, QlikView, QlikView Management Console, and when your default browser opens, then browse to the settings Martin mentioned above.

Make sure the Server is correctly licensed, as it is a major version upgrade you may need to contact your sales rep so he can give you the updated LEF or code.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

mvluttge

Precisely!

In the Management console, go to the tab, pictured in the attached pictureqmc_system.png

mvluttge

I also think that Miguel is right, that you need to verify, that your server license is still "intact".

You can check that the same place that you check the CALs.

In the picture, click on the "QlikView Server License" tab, instead of "Client Access Licenses" tab. Check here if a LEF file is available.

Not applicable
Author

thanks a lot.