I have a table like this:

col1 col2  col3  val1  val2

1     1      1       1       1     

1     2      1       2       2

1     2      2       3       3

2     1      1       4       4    

2     1      2       5       5

2     2      2       6       6

I want to create a bar chart with col3 as the dimension, val1 and val2 as the expressionn to compare, but always limited to the rows that have col1=1 and col2 = 2. How to limit certain rows in QV?

Thanks,

Jaclyn

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi,

Are you using Qv-11?? If so , please see in dimension limit tab- > Show total

If you achieve your requirement, please mark as correct or helpful answer, that helps other to know the result..

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI,

I think you are asking, want to calculate the values for col1 = 1 and col2 =2 only..am i correct/

If so,

use like this,

=Sum({<Col1 ={1}, Col2={2}>}Val1)

=Sum({<Col1 ={1}, Col2={2}>}Val2)

Want to Compare represent??

If(Sum({<Col1 ={1}, Col2={2}>}Val1) - Sum({<Col1 ={1}, Col2={2}>}Val2) > 0, 1, 0) like that?? can you say in detail??

Hope it helps

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, this works!

One more question, I want to add a total bar at the end of the chart, where is the "enable total" checkbox? I couldn't find it in the presentation tab of chart property.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, this works!

One more question, I want to add a total bar at the end of the chart, where is the "enable total" checkbox? I couldn't find it in the presentation tab of chart property.

MayilVahanan

Hi,

Are you using Qv-11?? If so , please see in dimension limit tab- > Show total

If you achieve your requirement, please mark as correct or helpful answer, that helps other to know the result..

Hope it helps