Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wenchia
Partner - Contributor III

line chart with 2 dimensions

Hi,

I'm trying to have a combo chart with

• a bar showing the achievement
  • a line shoing the target
  • dimension : salesman , year

The target is different for all the salesman over the years. I have been having problem showing the correct target in line chart where the data point is per salesman per year. Can anyone help?

Thanks and Regards,

Chia

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Wenchia,

Can you please promote the year Dimension and check it out .

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

Not applicable

Hi Wenchia,

As you are taking the sales dimension first ,its averaging the overall by sales that is the reason you cannot see the average for all the years.

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

wenchia
Author

Thanks Chakravarthy,

however, by promoting the year dimension, the line chart still doesn't show the target on every bar , by year and by salesman. Right now it seems that the data point is on each year only. Will it be possible to have a point on each year and each salesman?

Please help

Thanks

Chia

Not applicable

Hi Wenchia,

I have attached the report .As per me its showing perfectly . If you are not expecting this .. Can you post me a sample report.So that I can help you.

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

wenchia
Author

Hi Chakravarthy,

I got the same result as shown by you. However, looking at the 2007, first 2 salesmen. I see 2 data spoints in the middle of 2 bars. If I have 10 salesmen, it will be confusing to have all the target plotting in the middle.

I'm trying to achieve this, please see the 2nd chart in the QV file. I'm combining the 2 dimensions into 1 to see the correct result.

However I still need to get it work by using 2 dimensions. The reaons is , we can see the grouping shown clearly in the chart if we have 2 dimensions.

We would like to use this chart to export to the pdf, so we need to show the exact target for each year and each salesman.

Is there a way to do it?

Thanks

Chia

Not applicable

Hi,

I am also looking to do up a chart this way, with 2 dimensions and 2 expressions (actual vs target). Did anyone find a solution for this?

Here's an image of how I need it to look: