Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

linked-connected charts, simple question

Hi everyone,

since I'm new cant find the right name of this feature on Google or any forum, but I think this will be an easy question for advanced QV developers.

I've created a chart with 3 dimensions but need to include 1 more that will increase the number of bars radically. From this point I decide to create 2 charts and separate specific dimensions, but is not easy to see them anyway's.

There is any option that allows me to click on a chart and automatically be redirected to another chart that uses the data I selected from the first one to draw the bars on the other?

For example, a dimension of the first chart is Country: A, B, C, D, E and dimension of the second chart is City: A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2, B3, etc.. where B city's are located in B country, so whenever I click on the A or B bar of country chart, a new chart will merge where the dimension is city instead of country.

Am i clear? sorry for any miss spell, i would be please to explain again.

Thanks in advice.

1 Reply
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can use DrillDown groups to achieve this.

Create a DrillDown group by

Document Properties -> Group -> New

Select the fields Country and City, the first field should be Country and second should be City.

Now use this group as Dimension in Chart.

Now, on clicking the chart(Country) the dimension is automatically changed to City.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

jagan.