Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
learnerqlik53
Contributor II
Contributor II

linking two tables

Hi, 

I want two link two table.

Table1:
Month, Employee Id, Country, Age,  Region

Table2:

Submitted date, Recipient Id, Recipient Country, Recipient Age, Recipient Region, Submitter Id, Submitter Age, Submitter Country,Submitter Region

I have to calculate KPI on both Submitter and Recipient separately. Employee ID and Submitter Id and Recipient ID will have similar values.

Table1 is like total headcount data. And Table 2 is like part of people involve from that data.

i want to join both tables. But if i join with Employee ID from table 1 and Recipient ID then data will come wrong for Submitter KPI and if i join Employee ID and Submitter ID then Recipient data will come wrong.  As one submitter can give value to more than one Recipient.

Someone suggested me to use flags. But I am not sure how to use. Please suggest.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
learnerqlik53
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Adding Excel data and script for reference.

Script:(Not working)

Table1:
LOAD empid,
country,
division,
1 as FLAG
FROM
[Book2.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

noconcatenate

LOAD [recipient id] as empid,
[recipient id],
[recipient country],
[recipient division],
[submitter id] ,  ,
[submitter country],
[submitter division]
FROM
[Book2.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet2);

noconcatenate

Table2:
LOAD empid as empid1,
country,
division,
2 as FLAG
FROM
[Book2.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);
noconcatenate

LOAD [recipient id] ,
[recipient country],
[recipient division],
[submitter id] as empid1,
[submitter id] ,
[submitter country],
[submitter division]
FROM
[Book2.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet2);

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have a look at the following Design Blog post, may give you an option on how to approach things for your use case, I am also including the base link after that to the are in case you wish to further search for other posts, there are over 700 in this area, mostly how-to related...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Mapping-as-an-Alternative-to-Joining/ba-p/1473454

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.