Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

loading table of formulas from Excel into Qlikview

Hi all,

I would like your assistance.

I am trying to create a KPI Dashboard and in order to avoid additional work, I would like to create a table in Excel that contains the Qlikview formulas in the cells.

Then when I read in the Excel sheet into Qlikview, I simply want to use the following equation

=$(=CurrentMonthActual)

or  =$(=PreviousMonthActual)

and it will calculate the value for each of these.

I have attached the Excel spreadsheet that I have created, but it doesn't there yet...

Could you please help?

The variable vPeriod and vPriorPeriod is created in Qlikview itself but basically just takes the max period and max period -1

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much for helping me

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever,

Once again I just wanted to thank you for your assistance on this.

I was just wondering if you were able to simplify the equation a bit so that it could work?

I have tried to change it based on your feedback, but haven't managed to get it to work yet.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Lucille

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Sorry, Lucille, hard times here these days, going to try to do this tonight,

If the expressions were simpler (without nested Set Analysis, it would work for sure)

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

LucyBotha‌, sorry about taking so much time.

Please check attached if it solves your needs

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

That worked thank you!

I also changed my vPriorPeriod = vPeriod -1

It wasn't a period anymore but a number..

Thank you so much for helping me in between everything. I know you are busy as well

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You´re welcome

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I could notice that your data seems to be in Portuguese. Do you speak Portuguese?

Not applicable
Author

No unfortunately not, I just used the template exactly to understand why my version was breaking