Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

make all selections in large dashboard

Hi all,

I have a very large dashboard (2,2 Gb) and making selections is taking some time to get a reaction from the dashboard.

Is there a way that the user can make all his selections and than via a button make the selections active.

REgards,

Kris

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes, There is a way using Triggers. But, I worked around 14 GB application without getting any filter issue and others for one of my client. Can you try using Document Analyze application to check the index.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

I mean that a user selects a station, an article, ... And at the and filter all the data in the dashboard with the selections that are made.

What do you mean with Document Analyze application?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Read this - Document Analyzer V3.0 Update Available

Off course, This will happen when your data size is huge

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

I try to open the document in the document analyser on my pc. But my pc runs out of memory.

But this is what I see in the Governance dashboard.

siteoperations.JPG

marcus_sommer

Maybe this german discussion is helpful: Auswertung erst starten, wenn alle Selektionen getroffen sind.

- Marcus

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus,

thanks for the link.

If I make a selection on the first tab, Does this calculate the graphs on the other tabs? Or is the calculation just happening when I go to that tab?

marcus_sommer

Selections will applied globally (unless you used alternate state) but it will be only visible objects calculated. This meant per condition hidden objects or objects on other sheets are not calculated.

- Marcus

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I've used the docmunt Analyzer.

But this recommands to create a prj-directory.

I have never used Prj-directories.

Why should I use a project?

I've created a button to switch some graphs between quantity and amount.

Should I create a graph per variable or can I use an if-statement in the expression?

Or should I use the condition by the expression?

marcus_sommer

I think using a project with the prj-folder feature won't help you by your performance-issues. AFAIK the main-targets of using prj is quite different to performance else more in the direction of backup, maintainability and versioning.

Instead of this using the document analyzer and the governance dashboard could be very useful to find possible reasons for permformance-issues like unused fields, a high cardenality of fields (high amount of distinct field-values) and also the complexity of expressions.

As far as possible if-expressions and aggr-functions in expressions/dimensions especially if they are further nested should be avoided because they could slow down the performance quite heavily.

And this might be also lead to considerations about the used datamodel which should be rather not have a snowflake-scheme or even a linktable approach.

- Marcus