Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

mega loading

Hi,

I'm creating a mega project, and i'm using 3 tiers architecture, meaning, the data will be loaded into QVD by different QVW.

For the loading of the QVW, i don't want to use publisher to schedule them because it's just too many of them, and hard to maintain.

So i use the idea of BW process chain logic, and created something similar for QV.

There's a main dashboard, to monitor the load of each QVW, it will tell if it's sussccesfful or fail or when was it last run, etc.

and each QVW, we use batch file to trigger the qv process to execute the qvw in background,

and it has the ability to do daily load, weekly, monthly, or monthly on a specific date, works like wonder.

BUT sometimes it run and sometimes it doesn't, and i'm not really sure what is the error, although i can get it from the system log, but it didn't tell much.

and if i kill all the processes and did a manual trigger, it works, this solution by batch is really hard to troubleshoot.

has anyone of you done anything like this? maybe not the batch approach?

Please share ....  Thx.

42 Replies
Not applicable
Author

it was available for few hours.. and it's not available... heard it something is wrong with the section access...

Not applicable
Author

actually - it was deleted a day or so later. has your ticket with QlikTech yielded anything?

Not applicable
Author

yikes. we posted at the same time it seems. has your ticket been answered?

Not applicable
Author

Nop, i had to first send it to my vendor, and then they will analyse before escalating to QT...

i don't know how long it will take.. and i'm googling for a solution now.

It doesn't make sense. it works on V10, shouldn't be a problem of version. should be machine based.

Not applicable
Author

do you have logging turned on in QlikView? Do any of the other logs tell you anything? Perhaps the Events log? Or maybe the Event Viewer. Take a look at the System and Application logs - there might be something telling there...

Not applicable
Author

this is from the event log..

i think it's something bad... ?

RequestShutDown failure. Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at QDSMain.Clustering.ClusterNotification.Shutdown()

at QDSMain.MainClass.TearDown()

Not applicable
Author

Can't say for certain - although the "RequestShutDown failure" seems intriguing to me. What is your reload doing? have you tried with a simple reload that, for example, just creates an inline table?

Not applicable
Author

i did... inline load, just one cell... same error...

Not applicable
Author

I can't access any of my servers from where I am currently. Give me a few hours and I will give it a shot once I can. Maybe if I see the same error we know its the version.

Not applicable
Author

huh? i thought you did it on v11 already?

yeah, appreciate that.