Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

mega loading

Hi,

I'm creating a mega project, and i'm using 3 tiers architecture, meaning, the data will be loaded into QVD by different QVW.

For the loading of the QVW, i don't want to use publisher to schedule them because it's just too many of them, and hard to maintain.

So i use the idea of BW process chain logic, and created something similar for QV.

There's a main dashboard, to monitor the load of each QVW, it will tell if it's sussccesfful or fail or when was it last run, etc.

and each QVW, we use batch file to trigger the qv process to execute the qvw in background,

and it has the ability to do daily load, weekly, monthly, or monthly on a specific date, works like wonder.

BUT sometimes it run and sometimes it doesn't, and i'm not really sure what is the error, although i can get it from the system log, but it didn't tell much.

and if i kill all the processes and did a manual trigger, it works, this solution by batch is really hard to troubleshoot.

has anyone of you done anything like this? maybe not the batch approach?

Please share ....  Thx.

42 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have not done it in 11, I have it in production on a few version 10 servers (SR3, and SR4).

Not applicable
Author

just to let u know, i'm comparing the config file...

the only obvious difference is there's the below line included in v11's

i tried to remove and restart the service, it didn't work.

Is there a specified .net framework 4.0 we should install? 

<startup><supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/></startup>

Not applicable
Author

11 should not install with .NET 4.0

I assume you installed 11 using the regular installer?

Not applicable
Author

no, when i first install v11, it prompted my saying that .net 4 is required, so i went to MS website and downloaded .net 4 to install.

and I just tested it on my VM which also has v11, and i got the same error in cmd.

let's see if you have the same... i really hope not.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralph,

After a week, i got the response from QT.

This is indeed a bug! It will be fixed in the coming SR1, which will be released end of April.

Not applicable
Author

I was headed for vacation last week and just forgot all about everything. Sorry!

I'm glad you got a response back, although its terrible that its a bug and that we have to wait till the end of April for SR1.

Not applicable
Author

Just a quick update, i downloaded the SR1, since i saw it available, and it's still not working.

i'm writing back to them again ...

Not applicable
Author

that has to be frustrating. let me know what the outcome is.

Not applicable
Author

my bad... i forgot to turn the batchmode to true.. SR1 fixes the problem now.

QVDistributionService.exe is GOOD to go !

Not applicable
Author

oops! but that's great news!