Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

mount folder

can somebody help me on mount folder what is it and how it is useful in Qlikview?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

A mounted folder is simply a pointer to a location where you have QVWs that you wish to have available in AccessPoint.

They are useful as you can have files logically located differently to where they are physically located.  Another useful feature is that you can hide a mounted folder, or remove it quickly - without changing the underlying files.  You can then just re-mount when you want to bring things back.

Generally I point Root to an empty folder and put nothing in there.  Any files shown through AccessPoint are there by virtue of a mounted folder.

Hope that helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

That is a very general question. Please be more detailed. What are you trying to achieve?

Qlik Community Tip: Posting Successful Discussion Threads

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

HI Nani,

check out the following http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-folder-structures/ by stevedark

HTH Andy

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

A mounted folder is simply a pointer to a location where you have QVWs that you wish to have available in AccessPoint.

They are useful as you can have files logically located differently to where they are physically located.  Another useful feature is that you can hide a mounted folder, or remove it quickly - without changing the underlying files.  You can then just re-mount when you want to bring things back.

Generally I point Root to an empty folder and put nothing in there.  Any files shown through AccessPoint are there by virtue of a mounted folder.

Hope that helps,

Steve