Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.
I'm having trouble with if/then/else in a script. I had this working in a different document, but I get script errors now. The exact script below throws the error. If I comment out the If/Endif statement, it runs fine. What am I missing (I know it's something painfully obvious, but I've been searching Google and the forums for ~60 mins with no luck).
Once I solve the "outer" if/then, I need to work on the inner if/then, but one thing at a time!
Well..... I continued having script gremlins. The debugger and the "normal" reload would intermittently throw "script error: endif" errors. I eventually made this go away by changing to a switch on a boolean:
I think the compiler must do some crazy partial evaluation behind the scenes... hence the sporadic errors with the prior syntax.
Well.... the error was "Script Error: ENDIF". After several iterations of commenting and uncommenting pieces of the if clause, the script now works. I didn't make any changes to the code itself. This is weird. Here's the working code:
I'll chalk this up to gremlins and proceed with fingers crossed. Thank you for your help!