Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

odbc connection failed?

Hi experts,

i have a qvw  and when i try reload i am getting   error   ODBC connection failed , if i skip that error then next i am getting table field not found .

but same application in same server if i tried from  some other pc its working fine what is the problem here?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Did you have valid ODBC driver created in your machine?  Try to create the new ODBC datasource and check whether you are able to connect?

I think the issue is with ODBC, whether it is not there in your machine or it is wrongly configured.

Regards,

jagan.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Can you post the exact wording of the ODBC failure message? Otherwise it'll be guesswork. An ODBC connection can fail because of a missing definition, lack of privileges, a wrong userid / password, and even maybe because you're trying to use a 32-bit definition while the actual definition resides in the 64-bit list.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

getting error like

odbc connection failed

sql select a.tablesppacename,

where  tablespacename=1 .......order by 1

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Did you have valid ODBC driver created in your machine?  Try to create the new ODBC datasource and check whether you are able to connect?

I think the issue is with ODBC, whether it is not there in your machine or it is wrongly configured.

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi jagan ,

how to identify valid odbc driver or not ?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check there is ODBC in your machine

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> DataSources (ODBC) and check the one which you are using is exists in this.

Regards,

jagan.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

After you make ODBC connection, did you connected successfully?

Did you test that?

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

i can see there odbc is avaliable  here

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

check this

ODBC CONNECT TO ODBCDriverName (XUserId is testuser, XPassword is testpwd);

Check ODBCDriverName is exists in that screen, if not then you have create it with server, database.

Regards,

Jagan.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Enable the Document Log in your QlikView application (see Settings->Document Properties->General->Generate Logfile), save and reload. A text file will be generated that contains the message your ODBC drivers returns upon failure.

Please post the log file.

Peter