Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prma7799
Master III
Master III

only one value selection in list box

Hi All,

Kush141087

I have one list box and have sorting expression then i will get top 10 values from there.

but issue is when i going selection one value all other values become hide.

the below screenshot is list box having top 10 divi

top 10 divi.png

and this is after selecting any one i am getting below values all values get hide.

otput.png

Re: top 10 values

Thanks

12 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Where do you wish to select, in the calculated list box (ranked one) or the field iteself? could you post your working sample qvw?

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Tresesco,

I want to select on calculated list box.

for sample apps its is not possible to attache.

Thanks

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Tresesco,

My requirement is when i am selecting one division then it will show me all remaining division in grey format.

Thanks

Kushal_Chawda

Hi,

In front end we have calculated expression using Rank function, so when you select any values from that listbox it will satisfy the condition for that selection only and for rest values will be null so it will not display as we have used aggr function.

One way could be, calculate the Top10 flag from back end. See the attached application for that.

or may be jagan‌ or swuehl‌can help you solve this issue.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Instead of list box, take a staright table; use the expression without aggr() to rank and restrict your data set; hide the expression in the presentation tab. See attached sample.

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Thanks for your reply but but i required only list box there.

Thanks

swuehl
MVP
MVP

in a listbox, use

= aggr(if(rank(sum({<Division >} Amount),4)<=10, only({<Division>} Division)),Division)

prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi

As per my understandings, your issue is of data reduction after selection of any value.

So you can use SET ANALYSIS expressions to calculate Sum of Value/Amount

For eg. If dimension is STORE, then expression can be written as - Sum({<STORE>} Amount)

This will sum amount with Store wise & from Dimension limits you can restrict Top 10 values. Also in chart when you will select any one value still it will show all values.

Hope this will be helpful.

--

Regards,

Prashant P Baste