Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

organizing list-boxes on the sheet

Hi,

I have a ready QlikView document that I'd like to enhance.

I have to keep in mind the existing layout organization while modifying this document. There are already a number of listboxes, textboxes, etc. on the sheet. These objects are set to be unmovable.

When I try to create a new object (e.g. a new list-box), it appears on the back of the sheet, so I don't see it unless I move or delete some other objects. It is extremely inconvenient.

Is it possible to make a setting for all new objects to appear on the front but not on the back of the sheet?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Go to Sheet Properties and select the tab "Objects". Here you can see all objects on that sheet and also what Layer they are currently at. You can also go to the properties of the object by selecting the object you want to edit and then clicking the properties button. From there just go to layout and edit the layer of the object.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Try going into your Document Properties. Go to the Layout tab. In the top-right corner you will find "layer". Set that to "top" so the default for objects is top.

Have to admit; I can't test it right now but I think this is the direction to think in.

May you live in interesting times!
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Larisa,

you need to check what your layer settings are defaulting to on the Layout Tab of properties.

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Go to Sheet Properties and select the tab "Objects". Here you can see all objects on that sheet and also what Layer they are currently at. You can also go to the properties of the object by selecting the object you want to edit and then clicking the properties button. From there just go to layout and edit the layer of the object.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone!