Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

out of memory

Hello all,

For my qlikview application i have some issues. First problem is a memory problem.

The requirement is to have 1 line in a line chart for each product within a region.

So, I created a calculated dimension with a concatenation: Product&', '&Region.

After applying this, qlikview says 'Out of virtual and/or logical memory, allocating 256 MB'.

I already checked the box 'Ignore calculation limit'.

Why is this concatenation too much for qlikview? Is there another option?

Best regards,

Patricia

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You surely have too much Product and Region.

In this case, it's better to create the concatenation in the script as new field or to limit in the chart to the most significative product.

You can also try to simplify your chart. It depends of what you want to analyze.Try for example a trellis chart (one chart for each country, with a product analysis).

Regards

JJ

Not applicable
Author

I have found that if you concatenate the fields in the script and then load them in using AS, it will often fix that problem.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I think you are both right.

The problem was that the 2 fields to concat are in 2 different tables. But the customer changed their mind and this is not necessary anymore.

However, I used your advice to concat in the script for another field and this works perfect. So, your advice was really helpfull.

Thanx!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Patricia,

this problem is familiar for me. I´ve got it one month ago and John Whiterspoon answers me with a great response. I´ll give you the direction from my post:

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/36731.aspx

Be careful with qlickly solutions. It´s most important the structure data as you can thought; now.

I hope it can helps you.

Fiber