Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

out of object memory - need more processors?

I am using Qlikview 11.20 as a Desktop installation (not on a server)

I have been experiencing problems with out of object memory.

Our IT support guys are telling me that it is because it is only using one or the 4 processors.

Does this sound right?

It it is true, how do I make it use more processors?

Thanks

4 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi David,

In this case you need to check your RAM utilization. Normally you will face this issue while opening huge application on your local PC.

Can you please share your laptop configuration ? RAM and processor ?

If this is not the case then there could be something wrong with your application (complex expression, wrong datamodel etc) It is difficult to predict the right root cause with out investigating.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks KC

Here are my PC's specs:

pc.jpg

Is that sufficient info?

David

OmarBenSalem

u need to check ur expression before u check ur processors.

Sometimes; when the expression is wrong or waaaay too complicated, you'll have a message displayed as follow: out of object memory (or  sthing along that line)

if u correct ur expressions; qlik will give back results

marcus_sommer

It has nothing to do with the processor or the installed RAM. It's an artificial limitation to the max. amount of RAM which an object could use to secure the stability of the whole application respectively the server. The only way to handle it is the reducing of the object-complexity (avoiding of aggr and nested if-loops and interrecord-functions and so on) and/or the number of rows/columns which are displayed (maybe with conditions to the calculation/dimensions/expressions).

- Marcus