cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III

pdf distribution failed ..?

distribution failed due to the below error, we are using the loop and reduce option and we are bit new to this type of requirement.

we have an app called A which is used to trigger and generate pdf files using loop and reduce. 

we tried triggering the same app but its not working, so we thought that it was corrupted and created a new task by taking the copy of the app. but facing the below error. no idea and when we tried to see the script its not visible, this is bit tricky..

@marcus_sommer @Miguel_Angel_Baeyens @Bill_Britt can any one you please  guide us. Thanks Much in advance.

10/1/2020 12:17 PM Error      Failed to generate QVW File package.. Exception=QDSMain.Exceptions.NoDocumentPackageFoundException: No Document Package found.

at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GetDocumentPackage(ILogBucket logBucket, IDictionary`2 duplicateList, Document document, eDocumentType documentType, String url, Boolean showToolBar, String reportID, Int32 maxRetries, Int32 currentRetry)

at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GrabPDFFile(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FilePackageContainer i_ParentFilePackageContainer, String i_FileName, Dictionary`2 i_DuplicateList, Document i_Document)

10/1/2020 12:18:48 PM Error      The task "RyDoc.Next - App_Final" failed. Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: Failed to generate QVW File package.. Exception=QDSMain.Exceptions.NoDocumentPackageFoundException: No Document Package found.

at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GetDocumentPackage(ILogBucket logBucket, IDictionary`2 duplicateList, Document document, eDocumentType documentType, String url, Boolean showToolBar, String reportID, Int32 maxRetries, Int32 currentRetry)

at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GrabPDFFile(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FilePackageContainer i_ParentFilePackageContainer, String i_FileName, Dictionary`2 i_DuplicateList, Document i_Document)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.RevertOneAndAlwaysOne(Document qvbDocument)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.ReleaseQvb(Document qvbDocument)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Maybe the cause is exactly what the error-message said: "... Field does not exist. Loop not possible. FieldName: System ...". Therefore take a look within document-log if this part of the tasks is finished successfully and if the field is included or not. Further check if any section access omit this field and/or that the field has real values and isn't only NULL - from the point of view for the executing user.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

7 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I don't know but doing a search throguh community possible causes can be:

-lack of space: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Publisher/Publisher-not-sending-PDF/td-p/626531

- pdf printer corrupted or with short timeout: https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/Failed-to-generate-QVW-File-package/td-p/723099

dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks RubenMarin, 

a week back also it generated pdf files, there is less chances for pdf printer corruption. How can i know that it is because of the PDF printer issue.

rubenmarin

Hi, sorry but I don't know, haven't found this issue by myself, I just did a search for "qlik publisher No Document Package found".

There is another one solved with help of @ashfaq_haseeb:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Publisher/PDF-Generation-failed/m-p/640680

dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you again Rubenmarin, 

@ashfaq_haseeb  can you please look into the above error and help me with the possible reason pls. 

Thanks much in advance. 

BR,

Dhasharadh

dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

we received below error to our emails whenever the job failed. 

we are literally clueless what is going wrong.

can any one guess with error what might be going wrong. @ashfaq_haseeb @marcus_sommer @Bill_Britt 

10/7/2020 5:35:03 PM   Error      The task "App_Final" failed. Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.FieldNotExistingException: Field does not exist. Loop not possible. FieldName: System

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.BindLoopReductionSet(Document qvbDocument)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

marcus_sommer

Maybe the cause is exactly what the error-message said: "... Field does not exist. Loop not possible. FieldName: System ...". Therefore take a look within document-log if this part of the tasks is finished successfully and if the field is included or not. Further check if any section access omit this field and/or that the field has real values and isn't only NULL - from the point of view for the executing user.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just including Help Doc links for Reduction and Distribution using looping feature:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_Documents_SourceDoc...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_Documents_SourceDoc...

Generally using Loop and Reduce will require Loop and Distribute as well given most use cases are wanting to restrict access to the reduced apps to just certain groups of users in those cases.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.