Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

pick first value out of multiples

Hi All,

I have territories and for those territories I have mutiple states. I need to pick one state for one territory and so it in the frontend.

How can I achieve this ?

Thanks

Gauraw

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If the territories and the states have an association, displaying associated states will done for you by QlikView. For instance, if the Southern terrirory has Kerala, Tamil Nardu and Karnataka, then when Southern is choosen, one of these three states will be shown in the States field.

Can you provide more information about what you want to show.

Do you want to have just two list boxes, Territory and State. Do you want to show list boxes of the states for all the territories ?

If it is just that a value has to be picked, you can make one selection in a list box and then on Presentation tab select 'Always one selected'.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the Response Jon...........

Consider an Example :

Territory - T1 have states A, B, C then I need to display only one state for T1 in straight table.

How can I achieve this ?

Thanks,

Gauraw

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How do you decide which of the 3 states to show. You can set up an expression to show one of the states using MinString(State) or MaxString(State)

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jon,

This expression is not working............. any other suggestions.......

Thanx

Gauraw