Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

pie chart slice not showing values

Hi,

Despite checking the option "Values on Data Points", The pie chart is not showing values for few slices in a pie chart. Only one slice is showing values. I have disabled the rest of slices expressions and only enabled two. One is showing the values but the other one is not

Have a look at the attached image for example

piechart.PNG.png

Can someone please tell me what could be the reason of pie chart not showing the value on data points. I have also selected ctrl+shift to see if the area of the pie chart is going out of area and the value might be hiding out of the region but the pie chart is well inside its region and I cannot see anything going out

piechart2.PNG.png

Can someone please suggest how could I fix this

Regards

Arif

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Value on Data points will definitely help in displaying the value outside the Pie chart. If you want the value for legend please enable presentation ->  Show numbers in legend

Not applicable
Author

My question is that even though the values on data point is selected, its not showing on pie chart. One slice is showing, other is not. What could be wrong with it so that I can fix it. Its showing in legend and even shows in tooltip but is not showing as value on data point on pie chart

How do I fix this?

Shah

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I suggest that you delete the disabled expressions. Sometimes they interfere with the chart rendering.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Check the Relative option.

pie chart slice not showing values.png

Not applicable
Author

I need them all. I had disabled it only for the purpose of checking whether two slices will show the values on pie chart. If I enable only on of them, then all of them show values. However on enabling more than one, only one slice will show values on data point

Shah

Not applicable
Author

Nope, checking the relative changes everything completely. I think relative works only when you have grouping by dimensions and one expression only

Not applicable
Author

May be you can try another alternative method to achieve this.

1. Create an inline table with two the values 'with purchase order' and 'without purchase order'.

2. Add this as a dimension to your pie chart

3. Write only one expression, in which use If statement to apply different expressions for different inline table values

Hope this helps?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try creating new pie chart without copying the same object (pie chart).

By doing this ,may be you get some idea why 2nd slice is not showing result.

Slice of pie chart is according to the expression result that comes after grouping  the  dimension value ,one expression has to show value of all the slices.

If you use three expressions ,then there will be three values per slice of pie chart.

hope it helps.

Thanks,

Geeta

Not applicable
Author

I tried creating a new file and create a new pie chart. I entered two expressions with constant values  2 and 8 in their expressions. I checked "values on data points" to show the labels. The first slice showed value but the second one did not. If I change it into bar, then all the values show up

Could it be some kind of bug in the qlikview designer? I am not sure anymore

Shah