Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

pivot graph instead of pivot table

Hi all,

I have a diagram that displays several lines, one per supplier. In order to make my diagram future-proof (new suppliers do pop up) I want QlikView to calculate the list of series in a diagram: if the selection has three suppliers --> three lines.

However I have not found any possibility to dynamically create elements in the Y-axis. When I create a dynamic label expression that then this does not result in QlikView creating a line for every resulting label, and when I add a dimension on the X-axis then I still have one line, but it tries to go through multiple datapoints for one X-coordinate, resulting in vertical movements on every X-axis point.

Bars seems to handle adding a dimension better, but I really need lines, and on top of that the bars automatically stack.

Essentialy what I am looking for is a pivot graph, analogous to the pivot table that does exist. Without it I have a fragile application with many similar expressions that I have to manually maintain.

Anyone have an idea?

Arno

0 Replies