Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

position straight table dynamicaly

Is there a way to position a straight table under another - and if data grow on the top one that it will not hide the bottom one - so that they will be both displayed in full . so having a set dynamic vertical space between the tables.

Thanks

Raphael

1.bmp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

So the second table will move down when 1st table have more rows? I don't think this is possible....

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

So the second table will move down when 1st table have more rows? I don't think this is possible....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes I would have hoped that the second table will go down when first table get bigger, thank you - guess not possible, if it was you would have known

sunny_talwar

No way to make the positioning dynamic.... may be you can use a Macro, but nothing inbuilt will allow you to do this...

sunny_talwar

For macro, we can look for help from marcus_sommer‌ or tamilarasu

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks, that what I did , was just hoping something better out there.

marcus_sommer

I don't want to say that's not possible with a macro but I wouldn't suggest of doing it. Because this macro would need to be triggered with each action within the application and count how many rows this object has. Based on this you would need to implement some kind of offset-table respectively offset-calculation to define how many pixel should the second object be moved - and this might be changing with different screen-resolutions, zoom-factors, font-types and maybe some more.

Further I think mots of the users will have a better user-experience when the objects keep their place and not moving around and scrolling within applications is very common and quite usual for the users. Related to this I suggest reading Macros are Bad.

I believe that there are other ways of visualize your data. If there are relative many dimension-values which needs to be displayed you won't be able to avoid scrolling within the objects. But of course you could use several different objects for displaying - aggregated ones, full-list, top/flop X listings and probably some more.

- Marcus