previous month

I have 2 source files

source file 1

Month ¦Year¦  Invoiceno¦   Quantity¦  Country

jan       2016  1000001      

feb

mar

dec

Source File 2 - Here iam taking year and month from invoice date ..ex Year(Invoice Date) as Year...and Month(Invoice Date) as Month.

Invoiceno  ¦Quantity ¦Invoice Date ¦ Year ¦ Month

1000001      123          22/6/2016     2016   01

My output - All my data is good..But for Quantity start of Month I need the previous month (Iam not sure because source 1 as jan,feb etc and source 2 has 01,02 etc...may be it the problem.. I get the output as zero...)

============

Country¦ Invoice¦ Quantity Start¦ Quantity EOM

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

How do you know which is the start month quantity?, If you know this quantity, you can add one month to your date with AddMonths, and calculate then the month and year.

Regards!

raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Quantity is from merge of first and  second source file.. but in the spource file 1 ..month is like jan,feb..and source 2 month is 01,02..

raju_insights
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi raadwiptec,

Can u provide us a sample application. Output depends on how u have linked source 1 and 2.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What is the difference between source file 1 and 2? Does one contain Stock levels and the other Consumptions?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just convert those MM-YYYY and MMM-YYYY values to a common date value (using the date#() or MakeDate() functions) and you'll be on your way.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

For example, you can use Date#('1-' & Month & '-' & Year, 'D-MMM-YYYY') to create a new date value while loading the 1st file, and MakeDate(Year, Month, 1) to create a date column from the 2nd source file.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to add month like Jan, Feb in source table file 2 then before merging with source table file 1, map a inline load in soure table file 2 like this?

Mapping

Load * inline

[MonthNo, Month

1,Jan

2,Feb

3,Mar

so on..

];

Replace/Alias Month in Source File 2 as MonthNo and then use applymap() to map those value in source file 2.

Hope this will help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

translate it

Sourcefile1

MonthName(Date(Date#(Month&'-'&Year,'MMM-YYYY'))) as MonthName

Sourcefile2

Monthname([Invoice Date]) as MonthName

Regards!!

raadwiptec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hi all,

is there a way to add months for MMM formats?