Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PabloOrtiz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

problem opening document with ajax in access point

Hello partners,

I just installed QlikView Server v.12 with the installer's default configuration.

I have published a document Compras.qvw without problems.

Now, when users try to see the document it can only be done with IExplorer.

It can not be opened with any other browser. You click on the document icon in the Access Point and it does nothing.

It seems as if there is no Ajax client to open the document.

Attached picture of what happens when I click on the document in chrome.

That could be happening?.

Thank you.

A greeting.

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Take a look with the qmc by documents and there in tab server/availability if browsers are enabled.

- Marcus

PabloOrtiz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Marcus, the option browsers are enabled in the QMC.

marcus_sommer

Then check the settings in the various tabs of: qmc/system/setup/qlikview web servers - maybe something is wrong or missing.

- Marcus

Josh_Berg_Support

Pablo,

What is your default preferred client in the QMC under System > Setup > expand QVWS> Accesspoint > Accesspoint Settings?  Based on your description, it sounds like the default is set to IE Plugin, you'll probably want to change it to Full Browser.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Pablo, 

There are only a couple of things of which I can think that would cause the behavior, and you were on the right track with your statement regarding no Ajax Client, but the root cause would be the JavaScripts not downloading and running, and I think you can confirm that by using the Dev Tools option in Chrome to check if the .js files are downloading to the client etc.  If they are not, then you know root cause, the question is what is blocking them from non-IE browsers? 🙂  

I went and forgot the second thing that came to mind now as well! 🙂  Best thing would be to use Dev Tools in the browser or Fiddler etc. to trace things to see what is actually happening client-side, that should give you some clues, if you get more info and still are stuck, just post back the trace and I can have a look to see if I can help you figure it out at that point.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.