Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

problem to open qvw?

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me please. as the qvws are displaying as personal edition when opening in server. The files which are stooped to reload are not opening at all. could anyone let me know what is the problem.

Thanks.

11 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Amelia,

Can you be little more clear on your description? Is not reloading when you open in server with developer?

If that the case, if you open the document through "file > open in server", you CANNOT/ ALLOW reload the document in server and that works as design. If you see "personal edition" you must lease a license, but still you won't be able to reload document in server, you must open the document locally or browse the document within windows explorer and open it and then you will have access to reload the document.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

Actually the SQL server source to the qvw which is not opening is stopped and going to make another SQL server ODBC connection to the qvw. But last month I can open this file and can see the contents but now not able to open.

I have licence allocated in server.

some files showing message

do you want to continue and recover the file?

Yes I want to continue(not recommended)

some files opening but displaying path as personal edition.

Please could help me in this.

Not applicable
Author

Please can anyone help me.

Not applicable
Author

if i have understood correctly you should open via QlikView Desktop a document on Server. It's sufficient also a demo document like "Golf Quest". In this way you will borrow a license from the server. Once you borrow a license from the server you can use it for a month, after that you will get back to personal edition and you need to do the procedure above once again to borrow the license for another month. Make sure the flag "Allow license lease" on the server is checked. You can see that on the Management Console. Once you borrow the license from server you can read correctly the document you are tring to open now.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. Can I know why I need to borrow licence as I have licence allocated in server earlier. one month back we moved to new Qlikview server. I never used borrow licence when I am in old server. This is the first time I am seeing this. can please let me know why I need to borrow. Is there any other way can I use like earlier with out borrowing licence?

Giuseppe_Novello

Amelia,

One thing is allocating a CAL in the server and other thing is that lease it already on your developer. You can allocate CALs as much you want but if it hasn't been lease, the developer won't work as a fully license developer.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. sorry can you let me know a bit more clear please. so, you mean we can assign as many number of CALS when we borrow licence every month from server? right now we have 12 document CALs so we can assign more than 12 document CALs if we have borrow licence

would it not be possible to open all qvws in server with out borrow licence?  If so can you please let me know the steps of how to borrow licence? as I searched in google but seems I am not going in right path?

Not applicable
Author

you can borrow just "NAMED CAL" not DOCUMENT,SESSION,USAGE CAL. If you assign a "NAMED CAL" via Management Console to yourself and the flag "Allow license lease" is enabled, you can open a document on server via QlikView Desktop and borrow a license from the server. You can't borrow license from server in a different way.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. without this borrow licence is it possible to open all qvws? I think when we borrow licence for 30 days after 30 days it should be update automatically at background right? but it is not happening ? can I know please is there any reason?

if there is no other option and only have borrow licence means can I use below path

qvp://localhost