Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlikview crashing

I have a qlikview file that is about 800MB. When I open the file from qlikview developer occasionally it would crash when it get stuck in the middle of a formula calucation. (The qvw file would try to calcuate the formula then qlikview developer would simply shut itself down without completeing the calculation). I also try to access the same file and run the same formula over a web brower. Instead of developer crashing I would get the following error: "Server communication Lost..closing document." This doesnt happen all the time. I wonder if I should upgrade my qlikview developer to 5 as my current server is on the 5th edition.

1 Reply
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

This sounds more like a memory problem than the a version problem.

Though it shouldn't the QV Server sometime crashes because of lack of memory and the only thing the user sees in the Lost Communication Error. I would first check the server logs before doing anything.

When QlikView Developer runs out of memory it should send you an error that it's run out of memory and is petitioning for X MB more, but regardless check the RAM usage in Task Manager when you are using QlikView to see if it you are out of physical memory.