Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlikview desktop and personal edition?

what's difference between desktop and personal edition? our company owns QV license and I am learning to use QV to develop documents, I can only find personal edition to download.

18 Replies
hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III

Personal edition is a free edition without any license and it will allows you to create and modify applications on your machine and allows you to load or use few/limited number of qlikview applications developed in other machines.

In brief, Desktop edition is nothing but licences Personal edition which accepts all the applications developed in the other machine.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick response! The Allow License lease wasn't checked. Does "Allow dynamic CAL assignment" need to be checked aswell?

The rest isn't a problem i think. We don't have a test server. It is up and running for customers. We haven't leased any licenses yet so the two licenses leased per user shouldn't be a problem. And the person who tries to lease has a Named CAL and not a Document CAL.

Thanks again for your time!

Tom

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You would need to tick the auto allocate if you did not have a licence to

the document. As you mentioned you could open the document I knew that

wasn't your issue. You may want to tick it to allow others to lease though.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,
I have been leasing to two machines and I need to replace one of them.

I "Cleared Licence" information from one of them but when I go to the new machine It does not lease .

1) Do I need to wait 24 hrs. before the new machine will Lease?

2) is there a way on the QMC (Or anywhere else) to see what machines have the lease of a specific CAL?

thanks for your help.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Yes,

You need to wait for next 24 hours.

You can see the same information in below path.

Go to QMC--> System --> License --> Qlikview Server --> To the right  --> Client Access Cal Tab--> History tab.

You will find information about your License lease and their machines.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mohammed,

That really helped.

One thing though - because of Day Light Saving or just because of different time zone between my Machines I had to wait an extra hour 😞

I was "climbing up walls" yesterday when I realized I may have to wait 24 hrs. you can imagine how I reacted to that extra hour... 😉

Thanks again

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

I do have the very same error, when im connected and opened the models it hides Qlikvie Scripts,

How can i resolve please assist

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you connect to a QLikVeiw server using QV Desktop, the program will act like an ordinary but polished AccessPoint client. Since end-users are not allowed to reload a document in a client, you will not have access to the load script.

In QV Desktop, open the document QVW to access the Load script. And make sure that you have proper permissions to edit a QVW file.

Best,

Peter

Sree_1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

While connecting to the server from my Personal Edition. I have entered the 'server name' in the Address Box. But it is not showing up any Leasing option to connect to the server. Can you please help me out with this.

Thanks in Advance!