Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

qlikview integration with sharepoint

Hi All

As plenty of R&D, discussion with few associates and my analysis about reading data from SharePoint using qlikview option are there but there is limitations and constrains are there .

We can connect the SharePoint using different ways from qlikview

1. Using web services
  2. Create access DB link
  3. Web Files (RPC)

First 2 points I hope we know already the functionality and limitation, Point no 3 using web files we can read the data from SharePoint list but here also some limitation and constrains are there

Problem faced:

1. Not able to schedule the task from QMC
  2. Before connect the SharePoint list from qlikview respected user should logged in to the SharePoint page
  3. User credential should be active in the session whenever the qlikview dashboard reload

Another possible way for schedule .qvw file can schedule from BAT file (windows scheduler), but the problem here is the credential should be active on that time.

Anybod try out this method ? is thre any alternate solution for this ? any way is there using macro ?

Note:data read and write done using above method but the only problem is not able to schedule in QMC

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is there any work around to schedule a reload of Web Files(RPC) in QMC?

What is the reason this doesn't work? I can load it just fine without errors on my desktop?

Thanks in advance!

Taylor

Not applicable
Author

Is Qlikview working to make a QMC reload of Web Files (RPC) possible?

Not applicable
Author

QMC reload is something that I have had trouble with for months now . . . Qlikview couldn't assist with it either barring I pay their consultants an arm and a leg to look at my problem. My suggestion is to look at a command-line reload and schedule the .bat file to run through your windows task scheduler. Worked like a charm for me. Here is the best article that I found on the community for it:

Reload and save using command line

QlikView Maven: QlikView Command Line and Automation

Best,

Taylor