Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sayadutt
Creator
Creator

qlikview is truncating multilines and displaying in 1 single line -reading data from sharepoint list

Hi All,

I am reading my input data from an sharepoint list which has a 'comment' field. This comment field is a multi-line text field like below.

Comments on this line

Next line

Another line

Now when I am displaying this record in qlikview all the different lines are coming in 1 single line like:

Comments on this line Next line Another line

I don't want that. I need them to be displayed as it is in sharepoint.

Can you please help.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Is this issue happening in the Accesspoint or in Qlikview Desktop, or both?

What version of Qlikview are you using?  Did this issue start after a Qlikview upgrade?  If so, what version of Qlikview did you upgrade from?

Does the issue occur if you use a different sheet object?

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sayantan, my hunch would be this has to do with how the data is being stored in SharePoint, I am guessing there may not be actual carriage returns there but some other formatting from SharePoint that we are not able to pick up during the load.  One thing to try is use the same connection and query in Excel etc. and see how things come down there, although given that is another Microsoft product, no guarantees there, but I think worth a shot just to see if there is something different or not.  

The main thing would likely be the connector you are using not being able to interpret things I believe.  You did not mention what you were using there, but if it is not our connector, might be worth checking site of that vendor to see if you can find something there too.  Sorry I do not have anything better.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.