Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlikview is very slow in my machine

Hi all,

Can anyone let me know what might be the reason for loading the qlikview file is very slow.

I had copied the qvw file from one of my colleague machine, there which is taking time for reloading the qvw file is less than 4 minutes , but when i'm using that file in my machine it is taking 30 minutes .

Please anyone let me know what might be the issue ?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

are both the machines with similar configurations?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Same memory and CPU?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Almost certainly less RAM. Does it help if you close down all other applications (like MS Office and the sort)?

2GB (or even less) vs 8GB makes a big difference in reload time.

Peter

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Yes it does. It makes a huge difference.

Try closing all other apps and check your System Monitor to see how the things are going

Not applicable
Author

Hi Angad,

First ! sorry for late reply.

Actually my friend machine is a "Physical Machine" and mine is a "Virtual Machine", but has same memory and CPU for both machines.

If this performance issue is bcoz of "Virtual Machine", please let me know what are the best steps to consider of improving performance in "Virtual Machines".

Thanks in advance.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

The performance of a VM will always be slower than a similar physical machine, and the impact depends on what's happening in the other VM's hosted on the same underlying physical machine. A Qlikview reload process is memory and processor bound, and both of these resources can be compromised on a VM. So while it is certainly possible to use a VM, do not expect to perform especially well compared to a physical machine.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein