Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlikview loads the columns as null

Hi All

I have a table with columns defined in oracle as varchar2(4000). When I do a simple load of this column it shows as null in the list box or table chart.

• Qlikview Table viewer also fails to recognize the column values and displays just null
  • Tried num, num# and text and a combination of these but nothing helped

Any help please.

Regards

Prashant

12 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you show two different images which are they Oracle and QlikView to look? Varchar2() indicates Number + Text format in DB.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Not applicable
Author

Thanks much for replying.

Below Image from Oracle client

Image from Qlikview with no values and it is null as indicated in the third col

its_anandrjs

Can you provide few rows in any qvd to have a look for the solution.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not facing any issue while loading from external DB(I have Postgresql). I believe if one DB source working as expected it should work in Other DB's too

My Qlikview

Capture.PNG

DB Image Attached. Not sure, What if you used Trim(FieldName) as Fieldname in Qlikview?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Not applicable
Author

I am surprised as well. not sure why is it happening.

1. Can there be some database env variable which may impact. Beside as mentioned earlier the qlik Table viewer also does not show any values.
  2. Tried Trim(fieldname) as fieldname but not help
  3. I can only provide rows from toad but that will work because it will be excel in that case
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Okay, third one won't help because we are picking the same inputs if we have Oracle then will try but not having. And, Can you try different data source from your end and check if it is still there..

May be try any one of these

Trim(Field) as Field

Floor(Field) as Field

Ceil(Field) as Field

Text(Field) as Field

Num, Num# etc..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Anil

I tried all of the above and unfortunately it did not work.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Looks like weird behavior. Let me invite marcus_sommer‌‌ and/or pcammaert

marcus_sommer

I assume that rather the database-driver couldn't handle this varchar2(4000) and if I look on your data-example - just numbers - it doesn't look really suitable. I think I would try to convert these values with cast or to-number on the sql-level into a double fieldtype or something similar if the values are not mandatory numbers.

- Marcus