Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prma7799
Master III
Master III

quarter field

Hi All,

I have one requirement below .

I want one field that shows all quarter months like below.

(Apr 15-Jun 15)(Jul 15-Sep 15)(Oct 15-Dec 15)(Jan 16-Mar 16)

How to achieve the same.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be add a field to your master calendar:

Date(QuarterStart(TempDate), 'MMM YY') & '-' & Date(QuarterEnd(TempDate), 'MMM YY') as  Quarter

View solution in original post

11 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

=Date(QuarterStart(Date(Today())),'MMM YY') & '-' & Date(QuarterEnd(Date(Today())),'MMM YY')

Use your DateField instead of Today()

sunny_talwar

May be add a field to your master calendar:

Date(QuarterStart(TempDate), 'MMM YY') & '-' & Date(QuarterEnd(TempDate), 'MMM YY') as  Quarter

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Output is coming proper but when i am taking into that field in pivot table then values is not coming proper.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

By proper you mean that the value is sorted incorrectly? If that is the problem, try changing the above a little bit:

Dual(Date(QuarterStart(TempDate), 'MMM YY') & '-' & Date(QuarterEnd(TempDate), 'MMM YY'), QuarterStart(TempDate)) as Quarter

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

I tried but not come right info..

When i select particular month then values will come.

see the attached ...

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

I don't think you are getting wrong result.. Check that Jan to Mar is for 2013 when you are selecting 2012-2013..!

sunny_talwar

Which value isn't coming? I am not sure which object are you talking about? Can you give more details please.

sunny_talwar

Those are different ORD_CUSTCODE. I am 100% sure that if you scroll down the chart you will see a value next to APS041 even when you don't have anything selected.

Update: Look at the attached image

Capture.PNG

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hey Sunny,

You are right...

But if i will get any difficulties regarding same then i will reply you on same discussion .

thanks