Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

"Drill down" to implement upwards - how?

Hi,

can anybody advise me on this: I have some data in a QlikView document on a very detailed level. The plan is to implement a Dashboard showing this data, but on a highly aggregated level, with drilldown functionality up (or down) to that level - in other words, the level on which I have the data will be the most detailed level available.

How could I implement that? Could I use a table mapping my data-level (comparable e.g. with a date) against the upper level (comparable e.g. with a month) and the one above that (comparable e.g. with a year) and then build a hierarchical group?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

2 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

P.S.:

I have done some experimenting with an inline table mapping date-week-month, but I cannot seem to get it right yet, I'm still getting the data line-by-line. I want to have it displayed in aggregated form. Is that at all possible in a flat table or do I have to select a different diagram type to do that?

Later, that document will become the basis for a Dashboard structure that looks a bit complex, but I will take it step by step and first implement that drilldown group.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

this is solved I guess. All the fields I need are in one of the base tables - one is calculated using a rather long formula, so I will consider saving that to a qvs file (Include_script_snippet). Creating a drilldown group from these three fields is really easy, I don't quite understand why it didn't work the first time - but never mind.

Now I can go on building (what is going to be) my Dashboard. Any further questions will be put in new threads to keep this concise.

Best regards,

DataNibbler