Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marko_rakar
Creator
Creator

"Floating" calendar issue

Questions;

• I have situation where I need to compare day to day from a previous time period (year, quarter, month); but since this is retail related, it is really important to match weekdays in my presentation (like first sunday of 2014 should align with first sunday of 2015...); how is this done?
  • Extension to the idea above is what happens if you have floating holidays (like easter holidays), they move wildly from year to year and they are major retail events so I need somehow to match those as well. Any ideas, examples?
2 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi Marko,

You can use  the following Expressions Based on Your Requirement,

YTD Sales (Year To Date)

Sum({<Year=, Quarter=, Month=, Week=, Date={‘>=$(=YearStart(Today()))<=$(=Today())’}>} Sales )

Note: Year=, Quarter=, Month=, Week= excludes the selections in Year, Quarter, Month and Week dimensions.

QTD Sales (Quarter To Date)

Sum({<Year=, Quarter=, Month=, Week=, Date={‘>=$(=QuarterStart(Today()))<=$(=Today())’}>} Sales)

MTD Sales (Month To Date)

Sum({<Year=, Quarter=, Month=, Week=, Date={‘>=$(=MonthStart(Today()))<=$(=Today())’}>} Sales)

WTD Sales (Week To Date)

Sum({<Year=, Quarter=, Month=, Week=, Date={‘>=$(=WeekStart(Today()))<=$(=Today())’}>} Sales)

Last 5 Years Sales

Sum({<Year=, Quarter=, Month=, Week=, Date={‘>=$(=YearStart(Today(), -4))<=$(=Today())’}>} Sales )

Last 6 Quarters Sales

Sum({<Year=, Quarter=, Month=, Week=, Date={‘>=$(=QuarterStart(Today(), -5))<=$(=Today())’}>} Sales )

Last 12 Months Sales

Sum({<Year=, Quarter=, Month=, Week=, Date={‘>=$(=MonthStart(Today(), -11))<=$(=Today())’}>} Sales )

Last 15 Weeks Sales

Sum({<Year=, Quarter=, Month=, Week=, Date={‘>=$(=WeekStart(Today(), -14))<=$(=Today())’}>} Sales )

Last 10 Days Sales

Sum({<Year=, Quarter=, Month=, Week=, Date={‘>=$(=Date(Today()-9))<=$(=Today())’}>} Sales )

Yesterday Sales

Sum({<Year=, Quarter=, Month=, Week=, Date={‘$(=Date(Today()-1))’}>} Sales )

I  Hope this Helps,

Regards,

HirisH

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
marcus_sommer

To get the same day - related to their weekday-value - from a previous year you could simply subtract 364 from the date, maybe in a set analysis like this: sum({< DateNum = {"DateNum-364"}>} Value). Helpful could also be create a script-flag for this, like: DateNum - 364 as SameDayPreviousYear.

Also for movable holidays is a script-solution within a master-calendar recommended: Master Calendar with movable holidays. Many more examples and informations about master-calendar and date-fields could you find here: How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values.

- Marcus