Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"If" with a variable

Hi,

I hope you will understand my problem, I don't speak english very well !

I work on Qlikview 10, and I don't understand how works variables in a "if". I have a input box with a list of indicator name stored in a variable as text ([Nombre de bénéficiaires];nombre d’actes;[Montant de la dépense]...) so that the user can change it to see what he wants.

In one of the graphics, I need to do something different if the indicator name is "[Nombre de bénéficiaires]", I tried this but it doesn't work :

if($(vSelectionGraph2)='[Nombre de bénéficiaires]', if(GetSelectedCount([Région du PS]) = 0 and GetSelectedCount([Département du PS]) = 0 and GetSelectedCount([Spécialité du PS]) > 0,sum({$<[Type de fichier]={'2_F14'}>}NB_BEN),

if(GetSelectedCount([Région du PS]) >0 or GetSelectedCount([Département du PS]) >0 and GetSelectedCount([Spécialité du PS]) > 0,sum({$<[Type de fichier]={'2_F03'}>}NB_BEN))),

if($(vSelectionGraph2)<>'Nombre de bénéficiaires',sum({$<[Type de fichier]={'3_F01'}>}$(vSelectionGraph2))))

It only works with the last part if ($(vSelectionGraph2)<>'Nombre de bénéficiaires'....), so I think that "$(vSelectionGraph2)='[Nombre de bénéficiaires]'" is the problem. But I don't understand why, I thought that $(variable) was replaced by the value, and in fact it seems to do that in the sum function at the end of my code.

Can someone help me ?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I understand your English just fine, but I am not sure I understand the expression you posted. You start with

if($(vSelectionGraph2)='Nombre de bénéficiaires',

which implies that vSelectionGraph2 is a string, but you end with

Sum({...} $(vSelectionGraph2))))

which requires vSelectionGraph2 to be number. Is vSelectionGraph2 a field name? If that is so, then

if('$(vSelectionGraph2)'='Nombre de bénéficiaires',

if(GetSelectedCount([Région du PS]) = 0 and GetSelectedCount([Département du PS]) = 0 and GetSelectedCount([Spécialité du PS]) > 0,

sum({$<[Type de fichier]={'2_F14'}>} NB_BEN),

if(GetSelectedCount([Région du PS]) >0 or GetSelectedCount([Département du PS]) >0 and GetSelectedCount([Spécialité du PS]) > 0,

sum({$<[Type de fichier]={'2_F03'}>} NB_BEN))),

if('$(vSelectionGraph2)'<>'Nombre de bénéficiaires',

sum({$<[Type de fichier]={'3_F01'}>} $(=$(vSelectionGraph2)))))

.. might do the trick. That corrects the compare problem (note the quotes around $(vSelectionGraph2)) and will evaluate $(vSelectionGraph2) as a field name.

Actually, I think your second comparison is redundant. This is the same:

if(GetSelectedCount([Région du PS]) = 0 and GetSelectedCount([Département du PS]) = 0 and GetSelectedCount([Spécialité du PS]) > 0,

if(GetSelectedCount([Région du PS]) >0 or GetSelectedCount([Département du PS]) >0 and GetSelectedCount([Spécialité du PS]) > 0,

sum({$<[Type de fichier]={'3_F01'}>} $(=$(vSelectionGraph2))))

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try removing the square brackets '[' around the actual text i.e., your expression should look like this:

$(vSelectionGraph2)='Nombre de bénéficiaires'

Hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

I tried it, this didn't change anything. But thank you for your answer.

I really don't understand why Qlikview replace $(vSelectionGraph2) by the right value in the sum function but not in   the if part.

jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator

Try removing the dollar sign expansion, just use variable name.

vSelectionGraph2='Nombre de bénéficiaires'

jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator

Actually I read the question wrong I thought you wanted to see this in a textbox.

I would break your if down into small parts and see which piece actually doesn't work, starting at the beginning or the code you are asking about now, it may be a case where you are falling through the branches, the reason I say that is because of this statement

'It only works with the last part if ($(vSelectionGraph2)<>'Nombre de bénéficiaires'....),'

Not applicable
Author

Puoi postare un esempio

Not applicable
Author

Sadly, it's still not working.

But thank you.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I understand your English just fine, but I am not sure I understand the expression you posted. You start with

if($(vSelectionGraph2)='Nombre de bénéficiaires',

which implies that vSelectionGraph2 is a string, but you end with

Sum({...} $(vSelectionGraph2))))

which requires vSelectionGraph2 to be number. Is vSelectionGraph2 a field name? If that is so, then

if('$(vSelectionGraph2)'<>'Nombre de bénéficiaires',

sum({$<[Type de fichier]={'3_F01'}>} $(=$(vSelectionGraph2)))))

.. might do the trick. That corrects the compare problem (note the quotes around $(vSelectionGraph2)) and will evaluate $(vSelectionGraph2) as a field name.

Actually, I think your second comparison is redundant. This is the same:

sum({$<[Type de fichier]={'3_F01'}>} $(=$(vSelectionGraph2))))

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

vSelectionGraph2 is a text variable with the name of several indicators that the user will choose in a list in a input (for example number of patients,amount...). Then if that indicator is 'Nombre de bénéficiaires' I have to pick the right value in a particular type of file.

Else, I go in another type of file and the name of the indicator is the same as the value of vSelectionGraph2 . (if the user choose "amount" in the list, vSelectionGraph2 = "amount", and the field with the value I need in my Qlikview QVD file is also "amount").

And what your answered seems to be working, thank you so much !