Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Select ALL' in multibox

Hi guys,

Well, looks easy but i'm having difficult to find a way to do this.

I have 2 countries with specific budget information for each of them and I want to have an option to choose individually and an option  'All' in my multibox.The 'All' option will bring me the total budget of the two countries.

Thank you very much

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As Rudolf Linder said, if you want ALL in the box, you will have to add it to the field in the load script. You cannot easily add this in the front end. If you want specific help on how to do this, I suggest that you upload a small sample qvw with sample data in the relevant fields. Or at least the load script fragment that loads the table containing the field of interest

But perhaps you need to educate your client - as well a the right click and clicking Select All, clearing selections is the same as selecting all options (except for cases where there are null values that you want to exclude).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you have 2 countries and you want to select both of them (all)? in the multibox?

right mouse click and click on "select all"

If you want Option ALL in addition to your individual countries you need to prepare it in data model

why the user cannot select the 2 countries instead of clicking "all"?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I know I could select both and get the aggregate, but the option 'ALL' is a user requirement. There is how to do this? Is there any trick to create it?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

use

If(Getcurrentselections>0,'Field')

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As Rudolf Linder said, if you want ALL in the box, you will have to add it to the field in the load script. You cannot easily add this in the front end. If you want specific help on how to do this, I suggest that you upload a small sample qvw with sample data in the relevant fields. Or at least the load script fragment that loads the table containing the field of interest

But perhaps you need to educate your client - as well a the right click and clicking Select All, clearing selections is the same as selecting all options (except for cases where there are null values that you want to exclude).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can click on the field and right click and chose 'Select All' option.