Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Unexpected exception occurred" error

Hey,

We've been having this error happen quite alot later while using Qlikview in a web browser. Happens alot mostly while using the search box. Once the error pops up and I click okay, it usually keeps popping back up ever few seconds when I click anything else.

Any ideas on what's causing it? I've closed/opened IE numerous times, I've restarted the QV server and it still happens.

Error with Qlikview.jpg

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

We have the same issue at a customer on 11.20 SR5.

So far we've encountered the issue in Firefox and Chrome. The problem seems to occur only in a QlikView that reloads every minute and pushes updates to the client.

After the "updating" screen, the client will no longer respond to anything. A page refresh results in the "an unexpected exception occured" error. The only way to get the QV working again is by closing the browser and reloading the page.

Shisho_Karsenty
Contributor III
Contributor III

Make sure the user have a permission to the model.

Capture.PNG

Emma
Contributor II
Contributor II

Seems no solution has been chosen for this. To solve your issue, delete and recreate your "Current Selections"  box. I should do the job.

Cheers.

Amine

simonh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Had the same issue, it seemed to be related to the web browser set up or configuration for me - by using icognito/private browsing I found that there was a web brower plugin that caused this error on my end.