Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigel987
Creator II
Creator II

qvw does not open regularly

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange issue with one of my qvw files. Whenever I try to open the file, it does not open any more. The is no error or anything, the screen just stays white. I can only open it when I right-click on the application icon and select 'open ... without data'.

I tried to save the document under another name, and also in another folder, but still, after I close the document and try to open it the next time, it does not open anymore.

Reloading also does work, without any error.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with the document?

KR, Nigel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps it's corrupt. I think you should copy the script and the charts etc to a new document. Then use that new document instead.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps it's corrupt. I think you should copy the script and the charts etc to a new document. Then use that new document instead.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
marcus_sommer

Some time ago I have had a similar case and the reason was complex calculated dimensions within dimension-groups which caused any error by opening. I have then rebuilt those application-part and everything was fine again.

But to find it isn't very easy and I have used the from Gysbert suggested approach and a new document created and then step by step copied sheets/objects/variables .... hope it helped.

- Marcus

roger_stone
Creator III
Creator III

Have you tried using the ApplicationRescue Easter Egg?

Not applicable

Hello Roger,

how does this Easter Egg work?

Regards Tobi

nigel987
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I've tried Gysbert's aproach and somehow it worked; but it took very long and at the end I didn't find out which objects were the "corrupt" ones.

Quite unsatisfying that QlikView doesn't give any error messages or any other information which might be helpful in finding the bug.

Many thanks to all of you for your help!

roger_stone
Creator III
Creator III

Click on Help | About QlickView, then hover over the Qlik logo and right click it. Then you'll get a dropdown menu. Scroll down to Application Rescue and set the attribute to 1. Then try opening your document.

It's a good idea to unset this attribute after you've tried to recover the document.