Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qvw_path in web mode (qlikview server)

Hello,

I'm referencing another qvw from my master qvw file. After putting my master file on qlikview server and referencing to another qvw, it doesn't open in a web mode (it does though in a .qvw mode (file)). Can someone please help me with this urgently? What do i need to change there.

Thanks,

Jimish T

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am assuming that you are using the Open QlikView Document Action to open the other document.

Does your referencing QlikView Document has any special or space characters?

Not applicable
Author

you can also use the Open URL action instead of Open QlikView Document as a work around.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for your reply but my referenced document resides in another directory. For example, My primary .qvw resides in user interface and referenced qvw resides at a different path on a qlikserver which I'm trying to call and it fails. Please let me know if you need more information, I can provide screenshots. Please help with this.

Thanks,

Jimish

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Add a button to the dashboard and for the button add the trigger like this

Button Properties -> Actions -> Add -> External -> Open URL -> and give the Dashboard Accesspoint URL over there.

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for the reply but my referenced qvw resides in a directory as a qvw file and it's not on a server (as URL). My Master qvw is on server (on web) and has  a button referencing to another qvw which resides in another directory. It works locally on qvw file but when I put it on server, it doesn't work in web environment. Please help with this...

Thanks,

Jimish T    

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I think both the files should be deployed on Qlikview server, then only this works.  The method you are using works locally but won't work in server.

Regards,

Jagan.