Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

re: labels on the axis of a forecast?

I've added a forecast value of three on the axis tab of chart properties:

GP_Prescribing_NHS_Wales_Demo_v1_Screenshot_Axes_ForecastOption.png

and was wondering if there is any way to get some labels on the x-axis after the dates eg: forecastdate1, forecastdate2 etc..

GP_Prescribing_NHS_Wales_Demo_v1_Screenshot.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

There's no inherent way, but there's a workaround you can try and use.

Under "Presentation", add reference text. Enter a formula for the next period (in your case, it would probably be Max(Period)+100). Format it as desired. Using CTRL+SHIFT, drag it to the right side and place it where the label would normally go. Repeat the process for the number of forecast periods you plan to enable.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

There is no way, But we can add using Island table that necessary to use from reference of island field and which occurs to forecast using Linest_M and Linest_B ..

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you have an example?

Or
MVP
MVP

There's no inherent way, but there's a workaround you can try and use.

Under "Presentation", add reference text. Enter a formula for the next period (in your case, it would probably be Max(Period)+100). Format it as desired. Using CTRL+SHIFT, drag it to the right side and place it where the label would normally go. Repeat the process for the number of forecast periods you plan to enable.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I see! Label dragging. Crude workaround. Thanks!

floating_text.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please attach you application to investigate. And make sure to add inline to reload an Island table.

And, As work around requested - Try to use "Text in Chart" option from presentation tab of each line if report got constant.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As per thread. Text in the chart works to my satisfaction. All done now. Thanks everyone!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I even wonder, How Customer satisfy this review because It may change some where in filter and it compulsi to compute each. And here not sure how they know which is forecast and which is normal data set. Are you going to change any text color? If so, That could be make sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That is a good point about the line colour. They will know because the verbal commentary will state from which month the forecast begins...